Welcome spring and celebrate the 101st anniversary of the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival now until Tuesday, April 19, 2013 with Chaya Downtown in Los Angeles, CA. For those of you who are not in the know- myself included, Cherry Blossom trees also bare cherries. (I don’t know about you, but I always thought cherry blossom trees were purely ornamental).
Executive Chef Atsushi Kenjo will be offering an array of dishes highlight cherries and cherry blossoms in their Hanami Bento ($22 for 3 items; $28 for 4 items) for dinner only.
Mix and match options such as:
• Kale Salad with Apple, Hazelnut, and Ginger-Ranch Dressing
• Japanese Eggplant Baba Ganoush with Yuzu Pepper, Lemon Oil and Pita
• Coffee BBQ Mini Pork Shank with Chipotle Miso
• Duck Confit Spring Rolls with Sweet Miso Glaze
• Pan-Roasted Petrol Sole with Spinach, Mushroom and Sakura Vin Blanc
Adult beverages featuring cherries offered are the Cherry Bellini with cherry sorbet ($8), Sakuratini ($8), and a variety of rare boutique Japanese sake flights. 525 S. Flower Street, Los Angeles (City National Plaza; cross street Fifth).
Photography by Natalie Woyshner.