Maple-Sugared Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
A sweet finale to those cold evenings
Welcome the chilly days of autumn with a new twist on sweet potato fries. These Maple-Sugared Grilled Sweet Potato Fries are perfect for warming up and adding a sweet finale to those cold evenings.
2 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp salt
1. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, then slice into small wedges.
2. In a large bowl, mix the canola oil and cinnamon, add the potato wedges
and stir to coat evenly.
3. Spread the potato wedges on a large grill pan that has been wrapped in
4. Grill the potatoes wedges over medium heat for about 15 minutes,
flipping every 3-4 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, sprinkle the brown sugar and drizzle the maple syrup
over the potatoes and stir to coat.
6. Grill for 5-15 minutes more, stirring often so the fries don't burn.
7. Remove the fries from the grill and sprinkle the 2 tsp salt over the
Becki is a food and beer writer who spends her days wandering the Westerly states in search of local eateries and breweries. When she’s not solely consuming mass quantities of food, she spends her time homebrewing or working at Enegren Brewing Company doing such fancy tasks as weighing out hops, stirring mash, working the taps and attempting to learn everything about beer.
Photography provided by Becki Kregoski
Links from Scribol: