Ten best American cities for dating
Cities include NYC, SF and Miami
Yahoo! Travel recently released its list of the top ten cities when it comes to being single and dating – cities were considered based on the outdoor environment, fun dating possibilities, and overall number of singles. It seems relevant that a good dating-scene is just one of the many reasons to travel, and while Yahoo!’s list focuses on this, they also highlight other reasons to travel to these metropolitan areas. See what cities make the list.
So, here it is:
- Austin: Boasting a flourishing singles population, great outdoor weather and tons of live music, Austin makes the list.
- Boston: Considered a brainy scene (over 50 educational institutions) with lots of sporting events; foodies can check out Quincey Market as well.
- Chicago: Chi-city offers comedy, theater, and art with a dose of sports and nightclubs thrown in.
- Miami: Tropical white sand beaches and plenty to indulge yourself with in the evenings. No, these establishments don’t have shiny poles.
- New Orleans: City Park, the Mississippi Riverfront, Mardi Gras, and the French Quarter all help to get New Orleans into Yahoo!’s list.
- New York City: This career driven city has claim to Broadway, Central Park, museums, music clubs, rooftop lounges, and the women actually outnumber men.
- Phoenix (and Scottsdale): wait before we go on, isn’t that two cities? Anyways – The Arizonian desert has hiking, biking, rock climbing, warm weather and great spas.
- San Diego: Year around sunny weather, numerous beaches, surfing, bonfires, and tanned singles mark this Californian destination.
- San Francisco: Another California favorite and second home to Taste Terminal; wine country, red woods, golden gate bridge, museums, art galleries, and exquisite dinning culture all give this bay side city its character.
- Seattle: wine bars and tasting rooms, coffee houses, and Pike Place Market help Seattle round out the top cities for dating.