Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Bread
It's a big slice of heavenly carbohydrate
When the temperatures plummet and all you need is a big slice of heavenly carbohydrate, look to this sweet and hearty cake-bread studded with spicy cinnamon chips. Here’s a recipe for Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Bread.
1 + 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1 cup pumpkin puree
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir.
4. Add the cinnamon chips and mix until combined.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 9x5 in. bread pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-55 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean.http://www.tasteterminal.com/2011/11/15/pumpkin-cinnamon-chip-bread-2/
Want something to compliment the bread? Check out Becki’s recipe for Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Bread Pudding.
Becki is a food and beer writer who spends her days wandering the Westerly states in search of local eateries and breweries. When she’s not solely consuming mass quantities of food, she spends her time homebrewing or working at Enegren Brewing Company doing such fancy tasks as weighing out hops, stirring mash, working the taps and attempting to learn everything about beer.
Photography provided by Becki Kregoski