Macanese Fried Rice from cookbook ‘Feeding the Dragon’
1 of 100+ recipes from Mary Kate Tate and Nate Tate
Mary Kate and Nate went on a culinary based trek throughout China and compiled a cookbook of authentic Chinese dishes named “Feeding the Dragon“. Here’s one of them.
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
Juice of 1/2 lime
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
2 large eggs, beaten
3 cups cooked long-grain white rice, chilled
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 cup corn kernels
4 ounces chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
1/3 cup pitted green olives
1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, Asian fish sauce, and lime juice and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
3. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
4. Pour in the eggs and scramble until they are just set, and then immediately toss in the rice and stir until well mixed.
5. Decrease the heat to medium and add the bell pepper, corn, chorizo sausage, olives, and the sugar mixture, and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
6. Remove the wok from the heat and let rest for 4 minutes before serving.http://www.tasteterminal.com/2011/10/25/macanese-fried-rice-from-cookbook-feeding-the-dragon/
From Feeding the Dragon: A Culinary Travelogue Through China with Recipes by Nate and Mary Kate Tate/Andrews McMeel Publishing